500px Client Gift Photo
This image was a quick add-on to the ones I intended to shoot. With only 10 minutes in my pocket for the entire shoot, I didn't have time to grab lighting stuffz or provide model direction. I relied on natural light and Lauren's (Focus Lab's production assistant) vast modeling experience - twas magic.
Below I'll break down the Photoshop layers.
- - separated Lauren from background
- used high frequency to retouch skin; added a flair of makeup
- upped the curves to increase contrast slightly and sharpen to help draw focus
- - separated two stationary cars
- added motion blur
- desaturated a little to reduce visual competition
- - basic color editing
- removed litter
Shot with a 40mm at 2.8ish, final image was cropped a smidgen.
Created at Focus Lab.
Decontructed is a weekly series that quickly breaks down the technical or thought behind one of my images.
I'd love to hear which image of mine you want me to break down. Hit a girl up.